We, the Catholic Community of St. Simon the Apostle live out our parish mission to "generously serve our neighbor in Christ" by walking and working alongside the Catholic Community of St. Anne parish in Cap Rouge, Haiti, to strenghten family and spiritual life with quality water, education, healthcare, worship space and housing and care for the environment.
- A complete trust in God and His plan for the twin parish relationship of St. Simon and St. Anne.
- The utmost respect for the God-given dignity of the Haitian people and the culture of which they are a part of.
- A focus on accessible and sustainable programs that empower Haitians to improve their own lives.
- Improve accessibility and quality of education to the families of Cap Rouge.
- Improve accessibility and quality of heathcare in Cap Rouge.
- Stabilize facilities in Cap Rouge, especially St. Anne Church and School.
- Deepen Christian faith and joy amoung St. Simon and St. Anne parishioners.
Walking in faith and working with our Haitian brothers and sister in Christ, we are truly making a difference in our twin parish of St. Anne in Cap Rouge.
- St. Anne has a new priest as of December 2015 - Father Jude Fils-Aimé. Father Leslie is who visited St. Simon in Fall of 2015
- 150 families have home water bucket systems (50 new families)
- Water funds sent to repair/add gutters to several buildings to assist in water collection and to build protective barriers around the water pumps
- Solar panels and a new generator was purchased in February 2016
- 1700 patients treated during the medical mission trips in 2014 and 2015
- 350 men, women, and children received dental treatment with the first Dental Mission - March 2016
- Land that was purchased will be used for a medical clinic/convent
- Second Collection October 2016 - over $9500 for immediate needs of food, seeds, repairs and other urgent Hurricane Matthew needs
- Church construction - money has been used to build and expand the existing church - sacristy, altar, and walls
- Attempting to bring 12 year old girl to the states to have golf ball-sized tumor removed from her eyelid
Our Next Medical Mission Trip - February 13-20, 2017
- Doctors, nurses, or anyone interested are encouraged to participate!
- It costs approximately $1,200-1,500 per person - this includes airfare, transportation, lodging, meals, and other expenses