Parish Pastoral Council
The Parish Pastoral Council is a leadership body within the parish whose role is to develop and implement a mission-focused pastoral plan for the parish.
As servants to the wider community, Parish Pastoral Councils provide parishioners with forums for consultation and reflection on the mission of the Church in light of the signs of the times in the local neighborhood and the world.
Parish Pastoral Councils develop pastoral plans, based on the insight of the community, to enable the faith community to continue to live out the mission of the Gospel.
Parish Pastoral Councils then call forth leaders from the parish to implement and achieve the goals of the pastoral plan.
Parishioners are welcomed to contact any Parish Council Member regarding any questions, comments, or concerns.
Parish Pastoral Council Members
- Richard Prince, President - Richp@lightsourceindiana.com
- George Lauck, Vice-President - George.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheila Hussey, Secretary Member - DrewHuss@hotmail.com
- Kathy Wright, At Large Member - kwright@saintsimon,org
- Mike Holland, At Large Member - email@example.com
- Ming Lowe, At Large Member - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Borchers, Commission - email@example.com
- Denise Gallion, Commission - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Della Rocco, Commission - email@example.com
- Rosie Arroyo, Commission -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ann Morrell, Commission - email@example.com
Pastoral Council Minutes
January 17, 2017
Pastoral Council of St. Simon the Apostle
Fr. Bill Marks Sheila Hussey Rosie Arroyo
Fr. Nico Ajpacaja Kathy Wright Andy Manchir
Mike Holland Greg Chiles
George Lauck Brent Borg
Ming Lowe Andy Manchir
1. Meeting called to order 7:02pm
2. Opening Prayer by Father Nico
3. Introduction of members
4. October 18 minutes approved
5:. Old Business:
- Fund a need - The Safety and Sound system for the school had the most votes and was selected . It is being installed now.
- St. Simon Service Award - an annual recipient will be chosen by the Pastoral Council to show appreciation for volunteers. Andy Baase was chosen for this year's award. Andy was quite touched
- Volunteer appreciation Night - Fat Tuesday, Feb. 28th. Ming, Mike and Kathy volunteered to be in charge.
- Pastoral Council Goals
- St. Simon Service Award, Volunteer Appreciation Night,
- Reach out and connect with each commission,
Recognize the needs of the parishioners
6. New Business
Strength Finders- Julie Lyday explained that 300 parishioners have taken the Strength Finders test. They haven't had a core group for the last 1 1/2 years. Would like to have a volunteer in four areas: 1.Communications, 2. The Programs, 3.Facilitating the Programs and 4.Followup. They will be listed in the Parish Appeal. It was also suggested that they advertise in the bulletin.
Action Plans for 2016-17 goals - Parish Life and Evangelization presented their Action Plans. School will present at next meeting
7. Commission Reports
- Finance Commission – Sunday collection is close to budget. Net expense is below budget. Ahead $15,000 with the mortgage payment.
- Evangelization –Haiti group going down in February. 75% of St Ann's parishioners have clean water. Will have a collection for them in the spring. Working on strengthening bonds between the two parishes.
- Faith Formation – No report
- School - In holding pattern because Archdioceses is looking at increasing teacher salaries, which is the most significant item in the budget. Meeting soon to work through it.
- Parish Life - No report
- Youth –No report.
8. Meeting closed with prayer at 9:00 pm